I thought I’d answer some frequently asked questions I’ve received since starting this process:
- What kind of house are you building? – I think I understand this question, but the answer is still a little dependent upon who is asking. We are building a one-story, 3bedroom/2bathroom ranch with a full-walkout basement.
- How big will it be? – It is 32’x48′, or just over 1,400 interior square footage.
- Did you design it? – We’ve been discussing the possibility of building for a while, so I knew the basic idea of the floor-plan that we liked and reviewed over a thousand online. So, it is a compilation of a few floor-plans that I liked the most and input from Tommy and his dad. As far as the sketch of actual floor-plan, yes, I designed it.
- Can I buy your in-laws’ house? – I doubt it, but you can talk to them about it.
- When will it be finished/When are you moving? – I’m always afraid to answer this question because when I do, people often tell me that it will take longer than I expect. So, we are aiming for Christmas of this year – I know – it could be later!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram – @whitewallsmatter – for more updates!